? couple questions

i am having an ultrasound on friday morning...i am seventeen weeks-ish, will they be able to tell me the sex of the baby my SO and i are really excited to find out, he even my be more excited then me. anyway my other questions is i know when my last period was before i got pregnant and i even know they day we had sex, he went out of town for a month right after, so i would be seventeen weeks this monday that passsed and my doctor told me i am measuring around nineteen weeks. is that normal?

jparker289

Asked by jparker289 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• babies can grow at different rates :) don't rely on doc's measurements of your tummy, it could just be a little extra fluid.

as long as baby doesn't have their legs closed you should be able to see :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I know I measured about 2 weeks big for almost the whole pregnancy. The doctor always told me it was pretty normal. As for the ultrasound my drs did the ultrasound between 20-22 weeks for finding out the sex but I know some girls that went before that and found out :).
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 10:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• yep you should be able to find out I did my son had his legs closed but she moved by belly a little bit and he opened right up for us good luck and Congratulations
    tryingmom203

Answer by tryingmom203 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i found out at the very beginning of my 18th week so if baby is cooperating hopefully you can find out too! :)

and that measurement is normal.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• my dd measured 15 days ahead, and we knew exactly when she was conceived. she was born 7 lb 10 oz, so she wasn't big at all.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• The first two weeks of your pregnancy are the time when your egg is preparing to be fertilized. When your baby is concieved, you are immediately considered to be two weeks into your pregnancy.
    I dare you to have the nurse write down the sex of the baby and put it into an envelope without letting your or your SO see. See how long you can go without peeking. I wanted to find out the sex of my baby, and was really glad that i didn't. I figured the first suprise was finding out i was preggers, the second could be waiting to see what sex i would have (it was a boy!!)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2008