Do you like black refrigerators?

My husband really wants one. I think it will look terrible. Our kitchen is small and it won't be tucked away in a corner. You will see the whole width when you walk from the hallway into the kitchen. Our walls are an off white. What do you think of bisque or biscuit colored refrigerators? What's your favorite color?

Isaidit

Asked by Isaidit at 2:17 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I don't think the refrigerator should blend in with the color on your walls. I would go with stainless steel first option, black as the second option.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 2:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I like them better than stainless, as long as it matches the kitchen. It looks good on my kitchen, all the appliances are black.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• We have stainless steel. It's my favorite. I will not buy an appliance for our kitchen unless it's stainless.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I like the black but I also think that it all has to go together. I wont get black if my stove/oven or microwave is white. I dont like the off white color ones though because I think it just looks dirty.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Well, it all depends on the rest of your appliances, what color is the microwave, dishwasher and stove?? They should all match, regardless.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I'm a fan of white. IMO, the kitchen should be the brightest room in the house and how can that happen if the appliances are black?
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I have one, but it goes with my other appliances.

Answer by older at 2:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• We have maple colored cabinets, dark granite and all black appliances and it looks great. We had stainless steel in the house before so I was ready for a change. In my opinion, matching appliances is a MUST, so I would go with whatever color your other appliances are.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 2:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Black is good but it will look outdated soon, but really any fridge outdates. White says-Look at me! and black kind of tucks away. I have a black dishwasher because its something that I wanted to blend and not show off. KWIM?
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:20 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I like how our black one looks, but it is harder to keep fingerprints off it than a bisque colored one. Our walls are a beige color and the cabinets are Cherry finish. I think it looks really nice with the dark cabinets, the lighter colored walls, and some red and black countertop appliances that we have. If we could afford the stainless steel appliances, I think we would have chosen those though. They were significantly higher in price when we were deciding what colors to choose.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2010