which is worse pain wise? Kidney Stones or natural child birth??

I've had kidney stones 3x now and wanted to DIE every time. I've also had 2 c/s and i'm preg with a 3rd (and last) child. I would love to go for a VBAC since my OB is all for it but I'd really like to do it naturally....any input?

tylersmommy0508

Asked by tylersmommy0508 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• kidney stones. Labor pain waxes and wanes. Kidney pain is constant agony.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I had epidurals through labor, so I never felt any pain... But I have a friend who had to her son "naturally" and 8 weeks later had to undergo surgery for kidney stones... She said without doubt the kidney stones were 10x worse than labor...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I had kidney stones and I did have natural child birth and i would have went natural 200x over then go though kidney stones EVER AGAIN.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Natural birth is a productive pain. I've never had kidney stones, but natural birth is not that bad at all.
    NinjaMomma

Answer by NinjaMomma at 2:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Kidney Stones and Gallstones are HORRIBLE, worst pain of my life, hands down
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• absolutely kidney stones! hate them, had so many when i was pregnant i wanted to die. childbirth was a relief!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• In 3rd trimester with 1st now, but have had kidney stones several times, hope everyone is right about them being worse cuz they are horrible, I have a high tolerance for pain & will beg for meds to pass those, but would really like to have my son naturally with no meds.
    txgrl4lf

Answer by txgrl4lf at 4:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I have always heard Kidney Stones were way worse than Childbirth.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 7:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I thought that the pain was about the same intensity, but the labor pain is less permanent and comes and goes, so a little easier to tolerate.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 8:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I've had kidney stones and a baby. Let me tell you, they are neck-in-neck pain wise, but when you're in labor, at least you know that when it's done, it's done. You never know when the pain from the stone is going to end and whether or not it's going to come back!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 12:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2010