help with contractions (piog)

ok so im 36 weeks and almost 2 cm dilated and the dr doesnt think i will make it to next week i have been having contractions not very painful yet since friday and they are increasing in pain but very slowly, i was wondering if there are any home tips as to how i can get they to become stronger and help me along. thanks

Tbrown33317

Asked by Tbrown33317 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Nothing you can really do other than try sex and walking. I have been having contractions for WEEKS. I am 36 weeks and dilated to a very stretchy 3 cms, but no actually full blown labor for me.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• At 36 weeks I would not be trying to encourage things. I would be taking it easy as much as possible to slow things down. While you may be considered full term there is still the chance there could be issues being born this early.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• At 36 weeks (6 days ago) I was dilated to 3cm and have had contractions for a couple weeks now, sometimes worse than others. No labor for me yet. With my last pregnancy, the doctor would say after every appt..."I don't think you'll make it to your next appt" or "you won't make it to your due date". Well I ended up being induced 6 days overdue!! Nobody can predict when you'll go into labor, not even your doctor. Just guesses! Anyway, try walking, sex, eating spicy food - but nothing will help until your body is ready really. Good luck :)
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 3:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would wait until you are full term (37 weeks) to start trying things, and even then I would only walk. Hang in there the longer the better.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 6:09 PM on Oct. 25, 2010