Seperation=Cheating?

Okay this is a debate we've seen on here a few times so lets see what people say.

My view is that if they are separated and they are for sure divorcing it's not cheating but it's wrong to see someone else until the divorce is final. If they are separated but still trying to work out their marriage then it is cheating if they are seeing other people.

What are your opinions?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I believe that if they're seperated and have filed for divorce, they are free to date, and I wouldn't consider it cheating. If they have seperated, but want to work on the marriage, then yes, I believe seeing other people would be cheating.

Personally, I don't believe anybody should start seeing other people until they have completely left their previous relationship.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If it's a legal separation, then not cheating. Otherwise, cheating.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:32 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If they are separated and not working things out and they are going though the divorce then NO IT'S NOT CHEATING.

If they are separated and working on things and want things to get back to the way things were and they/you go and have any relations with someone else then YES IT'S CHEATING.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My personal thoughts/view.

The only relationship I have any grounds to state what is or isn't cheating,, or what is or is not acceptable behavior, is my own.

And in my marriage.If we were seperated it wouldn't matter because there would be no reconcilliation.. BTDT.. Won't do it again, for any reason.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• When my ex husband and I were separated, we began seeing other people. I don't consider it cheating.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If both parties decided the marraige is over and divorce is pending. Seeing/Dating someone else is not cheating. But if their is no agreement yet and or they are trying to work it out, then see/dating someone else is cheating.

I asked my DH this. My DH thinks that if you are seperated, it is ok to see some one else. He said the people should not have seperated if they did not want it to happen.

Answer by louise2 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I don't think you should be even casually dating until you are divorced....
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• if separated and cant wait to sign the papers for divorce then fine go do whatever but if ur seperated to see if you can fix things therapy ect then sleeping around is not only cheating but immorally wrong then
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Personally, I feel that until the divorce papers are signed, it's cheating. However I take my vows very seriously, and if we were just separated, it would not feel right to me at all. Not to mention, I don't think it's healthy to rush into something else right after calling it quits in a marriage.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I don't think it is cheating if you are separated but if you are talking about how much you still love one another and still being sexual with one another and u stray off to another man or woman than yea it's cheating
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 25, 2010