Real Trust?

It seems like everyday I read at least one post saying my so is cheating, or I think my so is cheating. It's so common no for it to happen in relationships and it's so disheartening. Every time I read one of those posts or hear one of the stories I think about my marriage and I'm so so very grateful. There is not a single ounce of me that would ever wonder if my husband were cheating. I know lots of people say that, but you can see the doubt behind their eyes. I whole heartedly trust me husband with everything I have. I never question a word he says to me, and I never wonder what he thinks about the woman walking by. The same goes for me, I know with all certainty that I could never and will never stray. I do not lie to him and I tell him everything.
I'm really not trying to brag, I'm just wondering where the other relationships like this are. Please, if you have a relationship like mine tell me about it.

Quentinsmamma

Asked by Quentinsmamma at 2:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I never question my husband either until the person he slept with contacted me. I trusted my husband 100% never questioned him never looked in his e-mails, phone. Never. Sometimes the relationship seems perfect but it can sneak up behind you. I'm not saying all relationships are like this but even in some of the relationships that seem great it happens.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I'm so sorry for you, that's got to be devastating. I'm not completely naive, believe me I know it can happen. My dad did it to my mom after 15 years and 4 kids. I'm just saying there are people that constantly fear it, and it feels good not to be one of those people. I feel confidant putting all that trust in my husband.
    Quentinsmamma

Comment by Quentinsmamma (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Im so happy to hear there are others like this. My neighboor is a stay at home dad and we are not allowed to hang out because I am a female and he is male (his wife makes it like this). I hang out with her and her kids on the weekends though. I would hate to live like that. My husband and I are so open about everything. I tust him more than anything in the world. He has never gave me a reason not to trust him and I hope he never does.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I'm with you, OP. I have total trust in my husband and know that he'll never cheat on me. I get so amazed by how many women here think that it is almost inevitable that a man will cheat.....or at least that he really, really wants to cheat.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I have the same wonderful relationship with my SO. Had 27 year marriage to an abusive cheating liar. Glad that is over!! My SO and I were each other's 1st crush and each other's 1st kiss. But, life took us separate directions during/after high school. We've known each other for 40 years. We both went through terrible relationships. 6 years ago, we reunited and discovered the chemistry was very much still alive for us. We both have complete love and trust for each other without a shred of doubt. We know that we can both trust the other with our life and that will will enjoy the rest of our lives together.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Me personally.

I trust my husband.

However. I do not have 100% blind trust in him. Or any other human being for that matter. Can't do it. I have absolutely no control over, or no way of knowing: what someone else is thinking, what someone else feels, what choice a person will make in a situation, what another person is capable of doing in any giving situation. Therefore, I as a person, am not able to blindly trust anyone. Not even my husband.

Do I trust him. Yep, I trust him. I trust him as much as I'm capable of trusting any human being. I just don't do 100% blind faith trust.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My SO is absolutely amazing and I know with every fiber of my being that he loves me... I mean truly loves me & never would cheat or stray away! He does everything in the world to try to make sure I am happy and that our 4 kids are from previous marriages are happy! I know he carries a lot on his shoulders but he is still an exceptional man!
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I trust my husband. I realize he could cheat, anyone could, but I am not suspicious, nor does he do things that would make me so. I don't feel a need to check his facebook or email, but I could if I wanted to, neither of us are secretive about things like that which I think helps. I think some people are habitual cheaters, and some people have been treated in a way that always makes them suspicious of their partner. I feel grateful to be with someone I can trust and who I don't constantly have to question.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I agree that it's a miserable way of life to distrust your partner all the time... I'm sure a lot of the time it's because of cheating issues in the past (not necessarily by your partner, by others before him too). I trust my fiance completely, and he trusts me. We both have friends of the opposite sex, and tonight I'm actually going out to dinner with one of my closests friends (we also dated for a very short while years ago), and my fiance is staying home to watch our son. No biggie. He knows I wouldn't cheat on him, and I know he won't cheat on me.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• After as many women as my ex husband cheated with, and my daughters father as well, I wondered if I would ever meet someone worthy of trust.
    Lo, and behold! My first love reenters my life (the one that got away)... I do not have "blind faith trust" in him, or in anything for that matter. To trust in someones ability to exhibit good behavior, mutual respect, and loving consideration is not blind. We have all of those things (and more), without the jealousy that most people exhibit. It feels wonderful!!!
    I trust him, he trusts me, simple as that. I too, find it annoying that I feel as though we're the only ones out there not participating in the drama.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:51 PM on Oct. 25, 2010