How do I get my baby to nap without nursing?

akire72

Asked by akire72 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is the baby
    Anonymous

• sounds like hes using you as a pacifier...mine was doing that in the beginning. break the habit now! every time she gts tired just try sticking the paci in her mouth, mine takes it fine and she didnt get nipple confusion
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I suggest using a pacifier as well. I was totally against them at first, but my ped told me to try it and after 2wks of procrastinating and constant fussiness I gave in. We have had a pretty happy baby after that. He did not get nipple confusion either and he would let me know if he didn't want it and wanted to eat (he would spit it out). My ped told me that there are some children that just have a stronger sucking reflex and need that type of stimulation to soothe/calm themsleves. I hate that my son is the only one in his class at daycare (he's 5 months) with a pacifier, but he seems to be one of the happiest and quietest (that is worth something). You can always worry about breaking that habit later and some kids just simply out grow them (that's what I'm hoping for..lol). Good Luck!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I hate it when people say a baby is "using you as a pacifier." What is a pacifier, but a substitute for a real nipple? I am not a pacifier, I am my son's mother, and my breasts are for his nourishment and comfort.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• She is 8 1/2 months old and hasn't taken a pacifier since 5 months. She just stopping wanting one day.
    akire72

Answer by akire72 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2008