Pork Chops

How do you cook them (including temp and time) so that they don't dry out?

DivaDynamite

Asked by DivaDynamite at 2:52 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Pork chops are to be cooked for a short amt of time on the stove. Over cooking makes them hard. A great way to cook them to not dry them out and make them hard, is cook them in a crock pot with saurkraut or a lot of liquid.....look up recipes on line.....
    But on the stove I cook them in a little water and worstecier sauce for maybe 5 min on medium heat on each side.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• On the grill, or in the crock pot with liquid, or in a covered pan in the oven with liquid.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I always get compliments on my pork chops. This is the way I cook them:
    Fried Pork Chops with Cream Gravy
    3-4 Pork Chops
    1 cup flour
    1 teaspoon Lawrey's Seasoning Salt
    ½ teaspoon pepper
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    1 cup chicken broth & 1 cup milk or half & half

Preheat oven to 300. Season Pork Chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Add rest of seasoning to flour in a flat dish. Dredge pork chops in seasoned flour. Set aside while you heat oil in large heavy skillet over medium high heat.(You can re-dredge them if you like a lot of coating) When oil is hot, add pork chops. Make sure they aren't touching. They need room to fry. After 4-5 minutes, when they are golden brown on bottom, turn over. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover skillet. Continue cooking for 4-5 minutes or until chops are golden brown on bottom. Remove chops from skillet and place in oven in baking dish or pan, to stay hot while making gravy.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• continued...
    Place remainder of seasoned flour in skillet where chops were fried. (Should be about 2 Tablespoons of flour and two tablespoons of grease in pan)Stir and cook 3-4 minutes. Add 1 cup chicken broth and 1 cup milk or half & half. Stir until thickened. Taste and season with salt & pepper if needed. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Here's another recipe, to bake in the oven
    Baked Pork Chops over Rice
    1 medium onion, chopped
    2-3 ribs celery, chopped
    1 Tablespoon oil
    2½ cups chicken broth (or 2 ½ cups water+2 Tablespoons chicken base or several
    chicken bouillon cubes.
    1 small can mushrooms
    1 cup rice
    4 pork chops
    Sauté onion & celery in oil. Place rice in greased 2 qt. baking dish. Empty mushrooms and the liquid over rice. Spread sautéed vegetables over rice. Brown pork chops in same pan used for vegetables. Meanwhile, heat water in small saucepan and add base, or substitute chicken broth for water & bases. Place pork chops over rice. Pour boiling broth over all.
    Cover pan with foil. Bake at 350 for 30-45 min or till rice and meat are tender.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I love them cooked in a skillet with Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup! NOT cream of mushroom, golden mushroom. So good. Or you can finely chop a few apples and cook them in the skillet w/ the pork chops and some apple cider.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My family loves smothered pork chops. I dredge the chops in flour with salt and pepper and brown them in a little cooking oil in my pressure cooker pot. I put several peeled and sliced potatoes in the pot with the pork chops. I then mix up a very thin gravy using milk, corn starch, and water. I pour the gravy over the potatoes and pork chops and put the lid on the pressure cooker. When the pressure cooker is "rocking" for about 20 minutes I turn it off and put it in the sink to cool before I open it.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I use Oven Fry simple and tasty.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2010