am I the only one who finds this really weird?

My friend found her 3 month old baby dead yesterday. The Doctors say it was either Sids or the black mold growing in their home. Where I feel really bad for my friend, and I could NEVER understand what she is going through... I have to wonder while in the current situation she is in, WHY ON EARTH she is on Facebook adding friends and updating her status? I feel this is really really weird. Facebook would be the LAST thing on my mind if something horrific had happened to me. Am I the only one who finds this weird?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• She is probably in shock. The reality hasn't hit yet. She may be escaping from reality by doing this.

Answer by Bmat at 2:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I dont think its weird...ppl greive differently, and maybe it hasn't really sunk into her yet...or she is using FB as an escape of her thoughts so she doesnt have to deal with the pain of losing her child.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No, I agree with you, it is weird!

Answer by older at 2:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes I agree.
    Anonymous

• That is very weird yes people grieve differently but your friends behavior is very odd.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It does seem like odd behavior, although there's usually more to every situation than the obvious.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I guess people get there feelings out in different ways... She should be writing stuff like "having a hard time", "I want her back", "why me" if its anything else then its WAY WEIRD!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It certainly isn't what I would do, or what I think I would do, but honestly she is in a horrible situation and maybe just going thru the motions of her day or looking for support. I hope none of us ever have to find out how we would handle this situation.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• such a terrible loss :( i guess the weird thing would be if the facebook statuses were like "OMG dinner was awesome" or something like that ya know? If I suffered a loss, while facebook would be the last thing on my mind, I guess I would use facebook to contact friends and family with updates about the funeral arrangements or send thank you's to anyone who sent their condolences via facebook. but like others said, maybe she's using facebook as a distraction.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• First off, she's probably in shock and trying to do something to distract herself. She might be reaching out to others in the only way she knows how. Not everyone has a great support system outside of the internet.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2010