Dogs & Puppies

Do your kids help with their promised share of the work with a dog?

DivaDynamite

Asked by DivaDynamite at 2:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Pets

• Mine do. My 7 year old feeds and gives water. My 15 year old walks him. But there is so much more to do!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My 10 year old does what she can. I am proud of her. Really, she is still a kid so majority falls on me.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My 14 y/o will unless she has plans with her friends (which is most of the time) or she wants to be lazy. Then we have a problem. I keep threatening to get rid of the dog, but I'm too attached to her lol.
    Robsessed98

Answer by Robsessed98 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I'm just so sick of cleaning the cat box that I really don't want to have to add pooper scooper to my duties. lol I was hoping there would be plenty of moms chiming in that their kids did the scooping pretty faithfully. (was that wishful thinking? lol)
    DivaDynamite

Comment by DivaDynamite (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Mine never really has, at least not without alot of nagging on my part and whining on ds's part. For me it has always just been easier to do it myself. Besides, I chose to bring the pets in to our home and family, he never asked for them.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:02 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My son is to small yet to help out with the dog and 3 cats, but his daddy keeps telling him he is going to take over..lol
    becbec71705

Answer by becbec71705 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• As far as loving on them they do that on their own, they've just started helping bathe but as far as feeding and water they have to be reminded daily.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 10:52 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I have both a dog and a puppie. I say dog
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• No they don't keep their promises but it's ok i get the rewards. Then when the dog is always following me and giving me all of its attention the kids want to complain, but i remind them its because i love it and care for it even when no one else helps.
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 2:35 AM on Nov. 2, 2010