nosey neighbors

i got new neighbors and an old neighbor who know alittle tp much aboout my kids and animals any suggestions on how to politely tell them off. my new neighborsinfored me today that they are good friends with the sheriif and friends with other cops in town. I dont want issues i just want ppl to mind their own business

mg25

Asked by mg25 at 3:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• That might be harder then it sounds. These people want to know everything because they don't have a life of there own. So their going to mess with yours. Good luck with that
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• What do you mean they know a little too much? Like what? Bad stuff? Or just stuff-stuff? I think what I would do would be to be nosy(sp?) right back, see how they like it. Are the nosy neighbors older people? Maybe they have taken a liking to you guys, who knows? You could always become friends with them, it wouldn't hurt to get in good with the cops.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Well sorry to say but there isn't an easy way to tell them off
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Simply tell your new neighbors that you are happy for them to have such important friends, and tell them that maybe they can invite a few of them to the next neighborhood bar-b-que! I moved into my house 4 years ago, and moved right next door to some people who have lived here for 30 years, who really missed the old lady who used to live here. The first two years were hell, they came outside and took pictures of my kids, grandkids and friends having pool parties, called to complain about the noise level at 3 pm, in the afternoon, and I am now on a first name basis with the Dogcatcher in our town! They have been out twice to ticket me because of my dogs barking, both times the dogs weren't barking, it was the neighborhood dogs making all the noise. They showed up in court with a 6 page list of the exact times my dogs had barked one time, and cost me 300. in fines. Until the last time the judge told them to get over it.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2010