Do you remember a special teacher that made a big difference in your life?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 3:14 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My middle school Lit teacher.

He was HARD, the hardest teacher in the whole school. He taught English, World Lit and American Lit - and he taught them on a college level, to a bunch of sniveling 7th and 8th graders who giggled and blushed and stammered over things like sexual subtext and Freudian references. But he never wavered. He showed us how much we could accomplish and learn if someone JUST expected it and believed it was possible from us. We had to rise to his level, not watch him sink to ours. He took a gawky 13-year old girl who yawned her way through every boring, learn by rote English class and gave her a TRUE passion for the written word. When others laughed at my efforts to write, he lifted me beyond them. I tried finding him online to thank him, but I haven't had any luck so far.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes, my first grade teacher I think it was...i LOVED her so much, we even had her over for dinner once. She was amazing!
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No but I remeber eveyone that made a difference in my kids lives
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 3:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• mrs. alper, my 2nd grade teacher. she played piano for us and allowed us to do our work on the floor...she was very kind. I also will never ever forget my choir director. He taught us self discipline...he died a couple years ago :(
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes. My high school French teacher. She was the devil. I asked to go to the bathroom once, she said, "Sure. You're just going to do it anyways" and I was kinda confused. When I went to the bathroom, she followed me and started talking to me through the stall. Said in order for me to return back to class I had to appoligize to her. THEN SHE LOCKED ME OUT OF THE CLASS!!

SHE WAS BIPOLAR!! For Graduation she was sitting directly behind me and when we turned around she smiled and said, "Wow. Didn't think you could do it. Good job!"

GRRRRR I HATED HER!!
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Maybe not so much a BIG difference in my life...but I was in Junior High and taking 9th and 10th grade classes.

My 9th grade history teacher used to get onto me making snide comments about something or could have been about some one else in the class....and she would say,"Judge not yet lest ye be judged".

THOSE words have stuck with me for over 30 years!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Mr. Kowalzack, when I was in Jr. High. He was a wonderful teacher and roll model.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 4:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• YES! My 4th grade teacher...I loved her dearly...her name was Mrs. Mims. Then of course there is always the one you hate or actually she hated me and made my 5th grade year miserable, her name was Mrs. Jackson. I would come home crying about this teacher and my mom had a conference with her and my mom came home and said that the teacher did not have one nice thing to say about me and my mom yanked me out of her class the next day...
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 6:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010