Do i have to let my babys daddy know that im taking our son to the er?

My sons father walked out over a month ago and has only came seen him once. The cusdoty(sp?) and child support are in prosses. Im filing for both cuz he dont want anything to do with his son and has only giving me 100 bucks one week in the past month. I have to take my son to the ER cuz he is getting sick and he has no insurence. Do i have to tell his father i am taking him? If i dont tell him could he use this against me in court, that i didnt tell him?

nikkik526

Asked by nikkik526 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he wants to use it against you in court, then yes he can. You should call him and let him know that you are taking the child to the hospital.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• no. You don't have to tell him that unless court papers say otherwise. If your child is sick and needs medication, and your ex is awarded visitation, you are going to have to inform him of the meds.
    MommySwiggles

Answer by MommySwiggles at 3:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would call him. For one thing he is the child's father so in my opinion he does have a right to know. If you don't he could use it against you. If he doesn't show up you might be able to use it against him. Not that I encourage using all sorts of things against each other, that is just the thought that occurred to me.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I forgot to mention, i dont have a phone number to get a hold of him by and i do not even know where he is staying. My only choice is to message him through his facebook account and if he gets on and gets it then ok he gets it but he dose not get on all the time, there for how would i even know weather he got it on time or not.
    nikkik526

Comment by nikkik526 (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I'd say leave a message on his facebook account and don't worry about him answering it. At least that way you're covered (you did let him know), but seriously, if he gave a rat's ass, he would have made sure you had a way to contact him in case of an emergency...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• possession is 9 tenths of the law...right now there is no court order in place therfore you , who has possession of the child has 51% and can do as you please, with in means ( not like leave the state or anything). aand sounds like he dnt really care about the well being of the child at this point anyway so honey be Momma...your the only parent he has right now ...DONT let him down...he needs you...and you have sacrificed your childlike playtime to be momma...YOU HAVE TAKEN THE RESPONSIBILITY NEEDED...GOOD job....do waht your MOMMA instincts tell you to do...CARE FOR YOUR BABY!!!
    lechnermomof4

Answer by lechnermomof4 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Ok so i looked up his work number and broke down and called him. He wanted to leave work then and take me but i dont trust his driving so i told him my mom is taking me when she gets home around 5. He said he will met us at the er around 5:30. He was acting all worried and stuff, like i said i think it was an act. I dont think he will come cuz he hasnt come and seen his son in over three weeks. He has a fiance already and he better not bring her, i cant stand her and our son is none of her bussiness. If he brings her the drs and nurses will be told i dont want her in the room.
    nikkik526

Comment by nikkik526 (original poster) at 4:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would go ahead and message him, that way he can't hold it against you in court. It's always better to be the bigger person.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I think you did the right thing. No matter if he's been around or active in the child's life, I'm sure he loves him and would want to know if something was going on.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would personally tell him. Just because he is not what you would expect for a father, why play on the grudge? I think that telling him would play out best for YOU in court, not that he can really "hold it against you", but he can say (or try to) that you withhold information, and you are the reason he does not see his child. For now, I say be the bigger person. Imagine you were in his shoes.. would you be happy you didnt realize your child was at the hospital?
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 6:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2010