How important is sex in a marriage??? adult content

I have a friend who is breaking off her engagement simply because she doesn't want to spend the rest of her life "having bad sex" I guess her fiance is hmm small and not very good... When she first said it I thought that she was being extremely shallow because everything else in their relationship is perfect she says... But I have never experienced it so can't relate... so what do you guys think???? Does it matter???

I couldn't imagine df being bad in bed but I'd like to think that I love him enough to not care if he was...

BriHan06

Asked by BriHan06 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I think sex is very important in a relationship, but I don't think SIZE is, if that makes sense. Yeah, enjoying straight up "in and out" sex with a smaller member is tougher than with somebody who is well endowed, but there are SO many other things a guy can do to get you off! Unless he's completely unwilling to work with her on improving their sex life, I'd say she was a bit shallow to end a relationship over that. Besides, since they got engaged, I would imagine t hey've been together for quite a while, so why does it bother her NOW, all of a sudden?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Generally, I have found that the smaller a guy is, the harder he really goes out of his way to make sure sex is outstanding for the girl. Guys aren't oblivious to the fact when they aren't, um, blessed. Has she talked about this with him? Showed him/told him how/where she likes to be touched. If she's really all that great in bed, then she should be able to give him some guidance - it takes two!

Answer by missanc at 3:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yeah, BriHan06, I wouldn't be surprised.... I mean, this is not an issue that just came up overnight, so for her to break off an engagement over that, I'd definitely think something "bigger" (but possibly not better) came along...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i think something like that is shallow. Because if the sex is bad, then they can "teach" each other. I think she was selfish to get engaged in the first place.
    BUT if she were breaking it off because he didn't want sex at all, that is a different story. I think sex is a very important part of marriage.
    MommySwiggles

Answer by MommySwiggles at 3:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I think sex is an important part of a relationship, but many things can be done to help things along. She needs to talk to him about the problem before she ends the relationship over it. In the end, if she feels that things will not change in the bedroom, I would leave becasue she will never be truely happy. She may even want to cheat at some point.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 3:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Sex is very important in a marriage BUT it is not everything...i think with sex counseling and getting involve in programs people can live a happy sexual life...I would never go based on the SEX to determined my will to marry a person but the effort that he puts into making the marriage work...i think your friend is not shallow but is very selfish...what if she finds a better man and later on down the road SOMETHING HAPPENS...would that make her divorce the person...

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 3:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Sex is a barometer to the health of the marriage. If there are problems with it, it usually means that the problems go a lot deeper than just the sex. When the sex is very good, it usually means that the rest of the marriage is going well. So her complaining at this point about "bad sex" means that she probably "settled" and was trying to feel in love with this guy. She called off the wedding because she just couldn't pretend anymore.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• very
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• In all honestly, I love having sex with my husband! HOWEVER, I would still love him and love being with him if we never had sex again. Don't get me wrong. I love it! And it seems to get better every time, but we would be just as happy and in love with each other if we stopped.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:53 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• OMG anouck you read my mind!!!!! I was thinking sooo did someone much better and bigger just get in your pants and thats why all of a sudden its an issue????
    BriHan06

Comment by BriHan06 (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2010