About depression and pain...

Does anyone that suffers with depression also have physical aches and pains that goes along with it? I have been noticing a lot more back pain lately and I didn't know if it was from my depression because I have heard of that or if I really did something to my body to make it hurt so much more lately. And when I take something for pain it doesn't work that well.

mwallace1023

Asked by mwallace1023 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Health

• A friend of mine suffers from depression, and she has told me that there are times when she just physically hurts. Nothing really gives her any relief. You may want to speak with your doctor about this, and see if there is a medication you can take.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes. they can go hand in hand. I would totally contact your doctor.
    prettypaper

Answer by prettypaper at 3:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Depression is just as painful in the body as any outside expression of it. A person who describes what they feel is in sincere belief that they need to get out of it. Pain and depression can be in sync. They don't need to be in sync each moment, but if they are it's really sad, and scary. I hope the best for some of those that are in it 24/7 like after a bad major surgery, or an auto accident, or fall. Recovery is awful, though in time things do get better and better.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 3:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010