Some days do you wish it was more of how it was in the "Old Days" before technology and everything...

Don't get me wrong, I love electricity and internet, plumbing, everything. But sometimes I think it would be wonderful to go back to being more dependant on ourselves for survival. Healthier ways of life, physically,financially, mentally, spiritually.....everything. I am just havig one of those days I guess LOL

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 3:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Health

• yes! I grew up with a black and white tv and watched some pbs shows, thats it. the rest of the day I spent outdoors, playing, making crafts or doing whatever with my family! We are about to go "old fashioned" in my house...dropping directv and getting a coverter box to get just the local channels. it will save us some money too! the tv was turned off due to lack of payment LOL but it's really nice not having it on unless we're watching a dvd. I have music playing on the computer right now. am happy we have internet though. great way to keep in touch with long distant family
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I most especially dislike it when I'm out to dinner with my 3 teens and they all want to pull out their cell phones instead of actually having a family conversation. Gggrrrrr!!!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I'm only 22 and even I dislike all the new modern technology. Some of the stuff they have now a days are crazy.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes most days I think that way! lol
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No, I would be VERY bored! lol Seriously though, I get what you are saying and do feel that sometimes it would be nice to go back to simpler times.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 3:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I'd miss my computer, but I could DEFINITELY do without cell phones... I have one, in my car, for emergencies, but I've never used it. And when I see people completely absorbed in texting while out and about, I just have to wonder what on earth they have to talk about that's soooo important. Sometimes it seems like texting completely replaced actual face to face conversation...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• This internet is what it is, but moments away from all this, as in having life within it's means. Some of the new stuff is useful, but it's not for everyone, even if it's free, like the electric mini Forman grill is good for one person if you just want grilled cheese, but if it's for a one serving of chicken, or pork, it's not adjustable, and tastes dried out.
    I will say this society is so run down, and dum--ed down and over exposed to some that not ALL like. It's what we get, not necessarity what we wanted.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 3:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• as for cell phones, I dont own one, but only because we have no cell reception out here so we have a home phone. I dont mind cell phones, but I'd only use it for emergency purposes. I hate how people talk and text while driving...so dangerous. I wouldnt bother with a phone w/ all the bells and whistles...
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I absolutely wish that! I'm old-fashioned in a lot of ways and could go without a lot of the technology we use today. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Not I.

I like all the things that technology adds to my life.. Being my age, I've lived without the majority of technology that is out today.. So I have to say, I prefer life with most today's technology.. And I have lived in parts of the world (during my time in the Peace Corps) where there was no running water, indoor plumbing, or electricity.. Not something I have any desire to do again at this point and time in my life.. LOL

I like the comforts, and ease that technoloy affords me. And have no desire to be without them.. :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2010