Will the doc stop you labor if...

You are only 35 weeks? Let me add that i have been in preterm labor sense 30 weeks and they have already stopped it once, & i am also on P shots once a weeks and procardia that i take every 4 hours.. So what do you think they would do? I am just curious...

aangelmommie03

Asked by aangelmommie03 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• We would have to know about your medical history and the health of the baby. If the doctor thinks the baby is fully developed and healthy to come out they would probably just let nature take its coarse.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I believe they will try to stop the labor unless your or the baby's health is at risk. It's much healthier for the baby to continue to grow within the womb until at least 38 weeks.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My doctor told me No that at 35 weeks they wont stop it. I am sure doctors each have their own policy though.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 3:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I'm sure the doctor would look at your full history but I had my labor stopped at 28 weeks and then went into labor again at 33 weeks and was told that since I was over 32 weeks I would not be stopped, thankfully mine stopped on its own after recieving some fluids via IV and I had a healthy baby boy 2 days before his due date.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Every hospital has different policies. I have been in pre term labor since 31 weeks. My hospital doesn't stop labor past 34 weeks... so as soon as I go into full blown labor, I am having my baby. I am 36 weeks, 1 day now.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• They stopped my labor at 35 weeks. I had issues with preterm labor and bleeding since 27 weeks and they had to stop it once prior to 35 weeks. I had an amnio done and my DS's lungs were not ready at 35 weeks so they gave me the meds to stop my labor again. I ended up going into labor again at 37 weeks and they let me have him. He still had a few problems breathing the first 24 hours, but he is happy and healthy now.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 3:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• They will stop it up until 37 weeks here... Pretty much when you hit 35 they stop trying as hard.. But it is so much safer for the baby to be in there are as long as possible.. My friends baby was born at 37 weeks and he had breathing problems and could leave the hospital for weeks.. But I had both of my kids at 37weeks 3 days and they were both perfectly fine.. You just never know..
    Beanna4406

Answer by Beanna4406 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• They will stop labor until 37wks.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 6:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2010