when you think of the stereotypical homemaker, what kind of music comes to mind?

weird question lol but in my limewire account I have a "homemaker mix" with music I love listening to while I clean. ranges from bossa nova to 1940's, some adult contempt of the 80's (reminds me of my mom). I will admit, cleaning to the old music makes it more fun.

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 3:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Country for me all the way
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I usually listen to classic rock or blues, so that's what popped into my mind :) I don't know that I'm a stereotypical homemaker though!! lol
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I didn't know that a song interconnected with a home worker, man or woman. let alone a ''stereotypical one"
    Anonymous

• well no not a "song", but perhaps I meant to write music genre.
    mommy of two, I like the old classic country like Loretta Lynn!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Probably soft rock, just because my mom would always do housework to 80's love songs and soft rock, lol. I still love 80's music to this day. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Most of the homemakers I know listen to top 40 pop (Rianna, Lady Gaga, etc) or adult contemporary/soft rock, a la Celine Dion. New country is pretty popular around here too, not the old "real" stuff, but this pop music with a twang that passes for country now. I don't listen to any of those genres, by the way, those are just types of music that a lot of women I know listen to.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Glen Campbell
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 5:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2010