I think I just need to vent

Geeze, sometimes I just feel like after I had my son I just kinda lost my spunk. I hardly feel pretty anymore, I havent got myself a new out fit in months and shoes even longer. I love my son to death dont get me wrong but I just feel like, I have changed...alot. How can I get that spunk back? I don't want to turn into that boring mom and I think I am heading there... I mopped, made dinner and baked yesterday on top of doing 10 loads of laundry. If you knew me....You wouldnt belive this from me. lol.... Anyone elce feel this way sometimes? I just...need that back

SexxyMomma26

Asked by SexxyMomma26 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in General Parenting

• It's okay for your priorities to change in life, which is what it sounds like you are talking about. It's good that your son has taken first place in your life! However, you don't want to totally loose yourself in being a Mommy. Make sure you still get up everyday and do your hair, makeup, etc. all the things you used to do. There's nothing wrong with spending the day at home mopping, baking, etc, but if you are wearing worn out sweats and forgetting to comb your hair day after day, you're gonna end up really depressed! Do you have friends you can go out with? Even if it's just other mommies and you taking the kids to the park or something. Sometimes when you are a mommy, just an adult conversation can make you feel human again!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• totaly understand, used to be a person and now just mom same shit every day, but I have learned that i dont have to be soccermom (shudder) I got used to taking him to the mall i still go shopping just bring his stroller in the handicap changing rooms and he chills while i try on clothes, i do the house work and stuff but i make sure if i need to i pack him up and go shopping and feel better or take him to visit friends and family, you learn not to change who you are but to just tweak it a bit just get used to taking little one along and if you really need a night to be the old you get a sitter, take a break. good luck dont loose your identy just make it you plus one...:)
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Awe that was REALLY sweet =) THank you very much !!
    SexxyMomma26

Answer by SexxyMomma26 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I felt that same way....then I got a haircut LOL! Now I HAVE to get up and do something with it everyday (or almost everyday). I bought some new shirts, and I feel somewhat like a 'normal' person again. I'm home all day with the kids, and there are times when I want to just have an adult conversation, so I call my mom or a friend. And when I get really stressed out, we have a night out with friends NO KIDS!! It's nice to take a break for yourself, I'm slowly learning that lesson. I felt guilty when they weren't with me, but now I know it's ok to take a break for an evening and just find ME again. Hang in there!
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 2:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2008