How do you pick your childs nose?

How do you pick your childs nose if they are too young to blow, but to old to suction it out any more. Just wondering.

donamunns

Asked by donamunns at 3:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I lay her down with her head in my lap and use a tissue to get what I need to. BTW my 2 yo blows her nose well and I also suction still if I need to.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• just jump on in there mom...you have delt with pee, poo, vommit, old gum straight into the hand, and just about anyother bodily function there is soooo just get the right size fingure and getter outta there...but but but of coarse wash when your done...mothers where so many hats...i love being a MOM...it is the best responibility Jesus has given me!!!
    lechnermomof4

Answer by lechnermomof4 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I use a q tip. And yes, I know enough not to jam it up a kid's nostril! My youngest two are 4 & 5 now. Although they can blow their nose pretty good now they still on occasion ask me to help them get something out with a q tip. Better then having them go around picking out boogers & wiping them on things.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 3:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I still used suction if she couldn't blow. I just used saline nose spray first. Then once she was old enough to blow, that was the route. Unless is was crusty, then I still use saline spray.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If one's hanging out, I'll use my fingernail to get it out. It's not gross to me, I mean I've dealt with her pee, vomit and poo. A bugger is nothing. I used to suction it out when she was younger. I've been trying to get her to start blowing her nose, but she won't do it. She has been starting to pick her own nose lately.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I use a qtip.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My 9 year old now takes care his nose, most times lol. He still makes quite a mess when he sneezes. lol. My 3 year old still needs a little help, but he does really well. There are times I have to assist him with a fingernail lol. But I agree, with all the other stuff I deal with, a booger isn't all that bad! lol
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I used suction until my DD was 4-ish...she had an issue with blowing her nose, she is 7 and still isn't that good at it. I have also used qtips from time to time
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 29, 2010