Do you believe these campaign lies?

The stimulus plan didn't work. Every Republican candidate got the memo: Campaigning against the $814 billion Recovery Act passed in February 2009 is a winner. When the Democrat-controlled Congress passed the stimulus plan, the unemployment rate was 8.2 percent. On Election Day, it will be 9.6 percent. Polls show that only about one-third of likely voters think the stimulus plan helped the economy, while two-thirds think it did nothing or caused harm. The phrase "failed stimulus" is among the top GOP talking points, and it's a reliable rallying cry in the campaigns.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 3:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think we can believe a word they say. What was it the Indian use to say. Speaking with a fork tounge....lol
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Oh you forgot to tell me how many businesses YOU own.......................... If you are a business owner sweet, how is this admin actually helping your business?

Ohhh no....  I am sure by her standards~Business owners who want to succeed and profit are evil capitalist pigs....  Down with profit.. UP with entitlements!!!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• The Obama admin IS crushing small business!

Lie

Baloney, I am a small business owner and I should know if he is hurting me or not. How many businesses do YOU own sweet? When was the last time you had to meet a payroll?

If you think it is a lie then PROVE IT. Prove it isn't hurting me and others like me.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• The Obama admin IS crushing small business! The 1099 requirement in the healthcare law will cost me thousands all by itself...guess who gets to pay for that? The tax that will be required for some medical devices will add even more costs for my customers. The expiring of the Bush tax cuts will cost thousands more. I won't even go into the new regs I am facing.

My problems are representative of most small businesses. We don't have a business friendly admin.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:51 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• On the flip side~Sweet, are you saying that Democratic campaign ads are all truth, honestly and respectable?

Can anyone else see Sweet-a-kin's desperation? It's rather comical...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Can anyone else see Sweet-a-kin's desperation? It's rather comical...

***

Oooooh!! Oooh...oooh...ooh!! Pick me.....pick me!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:42 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Recessions are cyclical, not the fault of the president.

Not the president alone, but the average recession, when allowed to run its course last about two years. The exception is when a progressive is in office and tries to social engineer. Roosevelt, Obama.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Um, what lies?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• The tax "breaks" they made such a big deal about are worthless in a stagnant economy. What business in it's right mind would expand or build new facilities when they have no clue what the new tax brackets are...and when they have no clue what the economy is going to do?

Great cut and paste though sweet! You are the master!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It's getting old, we are not blind, we know what is going on.

We are getting tired of all of your lies.

Tell your bosses to give it up, it is to late.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2010