how would you??

ok well the other day i got my lip periced and my sister got her tounge well we told our mom and she flipped but she over it and now i want to tell my dad and i know hs really gonna flip out his that type of parent that dnt want there kids to have pericings or tattoos well we have tattoo that he dnt now about and im tired of hidding everything from him im about to be 21 and im being treated like im 14 and i jus had a baby two months ago and let me tell you when he found out all hell broke out and i know tats was gonna happen so i want to know how can i appoach him to make him understand why we did it

senior_2OO8

Asked by senior_2OO8 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Just come out and tell him the truth. You're an adult now and your dad has to realize you're going to make your own decisions. Just because he doesn't like tattoos and piercings doesn't mean you shouldn't. He may be really upset at first, but he'll eventually get over it. My father hates tattoos and piercings as well, but he isn't going to tell me not to get one if I want it. It's your body and you're of age.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Well, you probably won't be able to make him understand how you did it. You can try. I'm probably your parent's generation, and I have a 21 year old son. He probably will be upset if he's not comfortable with kind of thing, you won't be able to make him comfortable with it, but he will get over it.

Good Luck.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If you want to be treated like an adult, it's simple, MOVE OUT and GET A JOB. Start supporting yourself and your child. It works every time!
    Anonymous

• Just be honest with him. You're an adult. You cares what you do to your own body. He has no control over you. Let him flip over it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If you are a mother and live on your own and support yourself and your child... then just tell him and let it be done.  Tell him that you love him and aprriciate all that he did to raise you but that you are now a self sufficant adult and will live your life accordingly. 

However..... if you are still financially dependant on him then you better apologize for breaking his heart and his rules. If you are still depending on him for money then you should have followed his rules and you are 100% in the wrong.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• You want to be treated like an adult - then ACT like one. You don't run around and get pregnant and hide it and get pierced or tattooed and hide it. Move out on your own. Get a job where you can fully support yourself and the child that you brought into this world.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• you are 21 so if he doesn't notice it by end of the week your okay, things happen tell dad there more to come lol off this nothing
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:17 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• weel when my daughter got her lip pierced and she got a tattoo i was mad but then she is 20 and she has her own job her own money so i thought about it and i understand but all the people are not the same
    desires_place

Answer by desires_place at 11:07 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Please understand that your Dad's feelings about piercings and tattoos, are grounded in his experiences, and his concerns for you and the quality of life that you will be able to provide for your child. He is old school, and the old school way was that only sailors got tattoos, and only freaks got their tongues, lips, nipples, etc. pierced. My own daughter can have all the piercings she wants on her ears, they can be hidden by her hair! LOL She even got one on her lip, that lasted about 2 months! Until she got her first job, and had to remove it. Tell your dad, that they usually close up when you remove them. Fortunately, my 17 year old daughter has a bunch of common sense, and when she turns 18, and can get a tattoo, she wants it where it won't be seen under regular clothing. She knows the dangers of tongue piercing, infections, problems with allergies, etc. And will never have that piercing!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Just curious, why did you do it? And how old is your sister? Where is your baby's daddy, and is he supporting you? If you are tired of being treated like a 14 year old, grow up and quit acting like a 14 year old!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 26, 2010