Im scared! adult content

One of my really good friends just got diagnosed with herpes. She and I share everything clothes, food the likes. (I've been with my husband 6 1/2 years) So I've been tested and Dont have any stds. Now that she has told me I've realized I have a couple bumps down there do you think she could have given me her herpes or are the bumps something else?
Thanks :(
***No my husband isn't cheating on me and im not cheating on him****

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Health

• You can go get retested but I think as long as you wash your clothes in between borrowing them you should be fine. I'm sure you two don't share used underwear. Those bumps could have easily been ingrown hairs
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• What do the bumps look like? I get bumps down there sometimes, but they're from ingrown hairs. If you would like to ease your mind, just make an appointment with your OBGYN and get everything checked out.

poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would definitely go & get retested.... you can never be too careful.
    If you feel bumps down there, then I would get to an ob/gyn ASAP.
    Mom2ChelNJustin

Answer by Mom2ChelNJustin at 3:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• im sure that if you had herpes it would be worse than a few bumps. def call your doc though and protect yourself by making sure that anything you get from her (or anyone else) doesn't have blood or mucus on it. im sure you're fine
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yeah, unless you share underwear or swimsuits...and don't wash them in between, I don't think you can spread genital herpes, I'm not sure you would even be able to spread it THAT way at all. I'd ask a doctor or a nurse's hotline if you're really concerned.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Go to your ob/gyn as soon as you can. I hope everything turns out okay.
    colepip2

Answer by colepip2 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If the clothing wasn't washed before you wore it then you could absolutely get it. Reminds me of the story my medical assisting teacher told us about a woman who sent her unwashed panties to her husband in Iraq. He came down with a case of herpes and guess where it came from.... Yep his cheating wife over here in the states. It is one strong virus.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:20 PM on Oct. 25, 2010