Religious exemption for shots FL

I was wondering if getting the religious exemption forms (in regards to immunizations) for my kids would effect my ability to continue to get WIC for my one year old? My husband and I are struggling right now and it really helps us. I would hate to lose it, but I need to go ahead and get the form for my oldest son.
I am in no way starting a debate. This is my family's deeply held religious belief, so please don't criticize me for not vaccinating. Thanks!

Carrielayne

Asked by Carrielayne at 3:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• WIC CANNOT deny you for not vaccinating your child and in most states you do not need an exemption until they start school. They may threaten to, but legally they cannot. I know several families that do not vaccinate and they still get their WIC. In PA there is no where on the WIC physical form to fill in their vaccinations and they simply ask at the appointment if the children are up to date. Most the families I know say yes because in their books the children are. A couple do say no and state religious beliefs are why and they got a little pressure, but after it was made clear they were not changing their minds or doing this blindly they were left alone.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• WIC cannot deny your family aid based on whether or not you vaccinate. Vaccination has NOTHING to do with eligibility.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 7:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No, you cannot be denied WIC for not vaxing.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• WIC can't deny you but might ask for the exemption paper.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2010