Has anyone used any "methods" to conceive a certain sex?

Obvioulsy I will be thrilled with a heathly baby, period... but I am really wanting to increase my chances of having a girl. I have two beautiful boys, so a girl would be REALLY nice :)

Has anyone used any particular methods, and did it work??

MommaRoxanne

Asked by MommaRoxanne at 4:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• All of that is old wives tails. The only thing that will determined sex is the mans sperm. There is no certain day or certain position that will help you
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Sperm determines sex of a baby... There is no natural method or techinque to conceive a specific sex
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Shettle's method is not an old wive's tale because it is based on the man's sperm. The theory behind Shettle's is that the male sperm swim faster and the female sperm live longer so you have time your sex around ovulation and what you want. Not sure if it was luck or if Shettle's worked but we got a boy and a girl (what we wanted) using Shettle's. There have been many studies showing that in general the male sperm swim faster and the female sperm live longer. This method does not ensure you will get one or the other, but it ups your chances by making more female or male sperm reaching the egg.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• What aeneva said lol
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 5:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• thats awesome i have 3 boys so we're "shooting" for a girl too! (no pun intended) I'll have to look that up!
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 1:09 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I also used the Shettles Method. :)
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:12 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Its all true. Me and my mother both used chinese birthing charts and did our research. The closer he is to the cervix the better for a boy, you must than elevate your rump. For a girl: he must stop all caffine in take, take warm baths to kill the male sperm (they are weaker), you must also not be in top (too close to the cervix), also you must not climax ( the wetter the better for the boys), have intercourse all the way up till three or four days before your peak ovulation day, have intercourse in the mornings (make time lol) and always lay flat don't get up right away or go to the restroom. It really works! I have a little boy as I wanted and my mom as well and my sister has a little girl.
    txlady06

Answer by txlady06 at 1:12 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I swear someone told me if a woman has an orgasm before the man...she is likely to have a girl....I know this is crap, lol.....

tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 1:27 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yeah, you can't really choose. I don't think science is even able to determine if a sperm is male or female yet.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• There is also some evidence that trying to change your body's ph level may tip the scale toward one gender or the other. So, eating or avoiding certain things may help a bit.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2010