seizures in babys what do they look like

what do they look like my son's head will start to shake really fast his arms will go stiff and there is a blank look on his face

devinalexis

Asked by devinalexis at 4:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• My oldest daughter had a couple of seizures when she was about 3 months old. She shook all over and was not responsive to me. She then appeared to be sleeping and I couldn't wake her for a few minutes. She's 14 now, so I can't remember any other details. I just know it really scared me. If you think there is a chance your baby has had or is having seizures call your pediatrician's office and talk to them. GL!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would call your pediatrician just to be on the safe side.

My son who has epilepsy, did not begin having seizures until he was 4, nearly 5. His are not the shaking type (he has what is called a drop attack, where he just collapses.)

There are several epilepsy/seizure groups on here that might be able to help as well.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• sounds like a seizure to me , however my dd don't shake she gets stiff.

kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 5:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would go to epilepsy.com. That is where my son neurologist told us to go and research when our son was diagnosed with epilepsy a couple months ago. GL
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 10:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• as a paramedic once apon a time...
    depending on the age of the kids, there nerves and muscles are not so developed, and they will not shake, or thrash like one would expect. some just get stiff and glassy eyed... other flop around like a fish... it is very hard to determine if you have concerns... CALL 911 or take to ER!
    MOMMY2TWINBOYS4

Answer by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would certainly contact your dr on this one
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 29, 2010