Who is the VP?

Do you know who the vice president is? The speaker of the House? How many U.S. senators are there?

Don't know the answers to these questions? If not, you're not alone. As the Yahoo! News Ask America van travels the country asking people about this election season's hot issues, we pulled a pop quiz on some of them, stumping many with basic civics questions.

Check out some of people's answers, and maybe learn something for yourself.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_askamerica/20101025/pl_yblog_askamerica/who-is-the-vice-president-ask-america-stumps-voters-

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 4:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow, that's sad.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 4:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• You know, being ignorant about these facts, or being uninterested in them, is kinda like ignoring your credit card statement every month.

If you don't check over the charges on there, then you won't notice that you are being de-frauded by people who are paying for programs and perks with YOUR credit card, and running up both the amount on your account AND the interest & fees.

The identities and goals and activities of those in political power is EXACTLY that personal. What is the amount for which we are each responsible now? I couldn't find the current $$ with a quick search ... back in May of 2009, it was $668,621.00 per household.

These are charges which have been run up by bureaucrats authorized to charge your credit card, by the politicians and political agendas which so many Americans find ... uninteresting.

Yeah, that's sad ... and really really stupid!
    Or else just plain asleep ?
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:32 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I am not shocked by that. I think many have no clue who they even vote for they just see R or D and vote that way. Crazy.
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 4:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• This does not shock me at all considering all of the videos going around during the 2008 elections.. You know, the ones where people attributed the wrong ideas to the wrong candidate and even the wrong vp candidate, I think Howard Stern did it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Not a bit suprised. A coworker and I did something like that at work on just basic history. We were shocked at how little people know.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It's Pathetic. Even when, imo~ Some try to gain from it.. Like when a certain Political Party and a high school prepare a "sample" ballot ... However, only that certain party is on said sample ballot~ It's almost like the certain party is trying to gain from the ignorance of others within a public school...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Not the least bit surprised! However, I'll bet those same people can tell you all about Lindsay Lohan, the personal lives of past winners of American Idol, all about the cast of Lost, etc...you know the "really" important things?!!! *sigh*
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes, Biden is VP, the botox queen Pelosi is SOH. Anything else you want to know, real quick:?
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 4:14 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I don't know.................................

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 5:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Not surprised. I teach high school social studies and every year I ask these questions to my students and many do not know.  I then devote a couple of days to this knowledge and other things I find important. 

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2010