What should my 10 month old be eating? REVISED

She eats primarily formula and "little puffs"

Sometimes some baby food

Should she be having meals now? & less formula?
******
She is OK'd to eat whatever I want to feed her. She has 8 teeth and can chew stuff up. THe question was more along the lines of- does it HURT her to feed her primarily formula and not other stuff. LIke is it okay that we do that, or do we need to start giving her more. She is not losing weight or anything....

Sandiii

Asked by Sandiii at 10:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it's fine nutrition wise to have mostly formula at 10 months. But at her age it's good to explore new tastes and textures and allow them to do things on their own by eating finger foods as a part of development. SO keep offering little bits of new things but don't worry that she isn't eating enough as long as she is gaining weight.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• How old is she?

My son is 11 mnths and has 8 teeth, I feed him everything we have. He does great and loves it. I personally don't think that she is getting enough to eat as far as regular food.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 10:52 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Sorry my bad, I see it now. 10 months. Well I told you what I feed my 11 mnth old. So good luck on your choice.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 10:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My son is 11 but at 10 months I started giving him table food for all three meals plus a snack. He still got 2-3 bottles a day. Now he doesn't need the bottle he just drinks formula from a sippy cup a couple times a day. When he turns a year I am going to just give him whole milk instead of formula. I also occasionally give him whole milk now. That's just what I do because it works for him.
    danielle8717

Answer by danielle8717 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• The more you introduce new things now, the less picky she will be later. Even if she doesn't eat much, pull her high chair up to the table with you every time you eat and give her a few bite-sized pieces of it (unless it's peanut butter..LOL). Also, let her much on saltine crackers, graham crackers, etc.- Mash up a banana and let her try a few bites - Things like that....She can pretty much eat anything you do, so have fun experimenting to see what she likes!
    Also, let her experiment with a sippy cup if you haven't yet. She's turning into a big girl now!!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 12:10 AM on Oct. 30, 2008