Sequels to movies

How many is too many and can you tell at the end of a movie that is going to be a sequel?

HomeAlone45

Asked by HomeAlone45 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Entertainment

• Anything after 2, except for Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 3:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• One sequel is too many, because they are rarely good.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 4:17 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Usually the first sequel is one too many! :) Seriously though, I think they should stop at two - the characters get pretty old and tired. I can usually tell if they are going to make a sequel by how it ends, but I've been surprised.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:17 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It depends on how well the sequels are done. If they're crappy, then even ONE is too many.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It really depends on the movie and the people who work on it. Like Boondock Saints. The sequel was awesome, in my opinion. Pirates of the Carribbean, Saw (well, I hated the second one but I've liked the others), Iron Man, Transformers, Nightmare on Elmstreet, Back to the Future, American Pie, etc. There are lots of really great sequels out there, but some suck. I usually think that a sequel sucks if the first movie sucked, like I hate the Jason and Michael movies so much. I kind of liked the remake of Friday the 13th, but I thought the old ones were crappy.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:36 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Depends on the movie and how good the original was. But I think for the most part they should stop at 3. I think beyond that, they are just milking the movie for money rather than trying to be artistic.

Kind of like Everquest and it's 15 million expansions.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• yes if you've been watching lots of sequels,you might notice certain partterns that would let you know that the movie is going to be a sequel or not.
    girlbaby

Answer by girlbaby at 8:36 PM on Oct. 25, 2010