How do you handle your child when he is copying behavior of a not so good child at daycare?

My little boy has been crazy bad for at least a mth. I thought it was a phase. And his teacher had not said he was being difficult at daycare until today. She said he was copying behavior of another little boy in class. I tried to explain to him that you can not act like the other kids in class that are bad. I also told him that he was not going to watch tv before nap time that he had to go straight to bed when we get home. How would you deal with this if it were you child?

fapalmtreemom

Asked by fapalmtreemom at 4:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The main thing is to talk to his teacher and make sure she is calling him on his bad behavior and giving him a consequence for it at school when it happens. If he tries any of the bad behaviors at home you make sure he has a consequence there too. If he gets a consequence every time he exhibits the bad behavior he should realize that it is not acceptable at school or at home.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Talk to him about how that's not proper behavior. As well, as talk to the teacher about how the other child is setting a bad example.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2010