A few questions about lice. never had to deal with it before now....

So shouldn't you keep you kid home until you know that the child cannot spread the lice? Or if you treat it, are they unable to spread it? If you try to kill the lice, with the spray for your rooms, does it also kill the eggs? I'm unsure if my child even has it, I treated her after she had been exposed to it, after playing with some friends. I don't see anything, I'm afraid to send her back to school, I don't want her to spread it and I don't want her to get it. That's where it started. This is truly one of my biggest fears, Sorry if I sound crazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Health

• look for it at the base of her scalp, just above her neck. if she has it it will be there. and blow dry her hair after washing it, the heat will kill the lice.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If she has it, her head will be very itchy. The only way to get rid of them is to comb them out with a special lice comb. They only live on people, they die when they fall off, so don't go crazy treating the house, just pillows. Get tea tree oil and add a capful to your shampoo for a preventative. Also, put gel in her hair, they like clean hair without product.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2010