Turkey Day

how do you make your Thanksgiving Turkey??? i want to make it different this year or even the stuffing...can you girls hook me up with some finger licking good recipes...THANKS SO MUCH

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 4:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• One year, I stuffed my turkey with apple and onion wedges, rubbed it with butter and then basted it w/ a bottle of Martinelli's Sparking Cider.

YUM YUM YUM!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I have ours smoked. There is a processing company that will do it for $8 here and then you just reheat it in the oven, it's so easy and sooo good!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:51 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My family always cooks poultry with an orange in the cavity.

I loved using the cooking bags. I would put the orange (or 2 for a large bird) in, rub with honey and sage. Put it in the bag, add orange juice and cook according to the instructions on the box. The skin was always crispy and the meat was always tender.

balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I make a mixture of butter, garlic and basil, then I gently lift the skin of the turkey on each side of the breast. I rub the seasoned butter directly onto the turkey meat between the skin and the meat. then I place whole basil leaves on top of the butter and under the skin. I make a traditional stuffing with sausage, celery and onions (sometimes oysters). Between the butter and the natural juices of the turkey I have plenty of juices to baste the turkey with, and the seasoned drippings make a wonderful gravy. When the turkey browns the basil makes a beautiful pattern through the skin.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I go the easy route and get a boneless all white meat Butterball and throw him in the crockpot and fix all the sides while he's not taking up my oven space.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 5:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I use plain stuffing. This year I going to try an oystar stuffing
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:45 AM on Oct. 26, 2010