babies feeding

i have a 2 month old son. i nurse him and then i give him a bottle too(he was in NICU for a week after birth, so they used to give him formula there. now my milk isn't enough for him so his pediatrician recommended to give him formula too if he still seems hungry). so he's hungry after every 2 hours. i know babies make their own routine in sleeping and eating. but i was just concerned that usually at what month their time duration increases between their feeds?? how was your experience like ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 2 hours between nursings is completely normal. My 9 month old still has days that we barely make 2 hours before she gets hungry, sometimes she goes 4 hours. It all depends on what their appetite is that day, and whether or not they are going through a growth spurt.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It's really different for every baby. Every 2 hours is considered normal for a 2 month old. Is there a reason that you are still supplementing? If you're cool with it, then great. But, if you would like to get to exclusive nursing, and there is not a serious issue that warrants formula, I, and some of the other moms here, can help you with that.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• First 2-3 hours is very normal at 2 months old. I would however start using a supplemental nursing system to give the formula and start pumping to increase my supply and hopefully get rid of the formula all together. Check www.kellymom.com for great breastfeeding advice.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I second the recommendation for an SNS - I used one after my 4th and it was a huge help!

Answer by missanc at 6:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010