I thought I was ready.. now I am terrified about TTC baby #2.

DH and I have been talking about another baby for quite some time now. We've weighed the pro's and con's.. we've talked about the budget, we've waited until the time was right financially (we both recently got promotions). Our older child (28 months) is out of the crib and potty trained, and doing very well overall. We've timed it where baby #2 won't be here until DD is at least 3..

We've done everything right. I began taking prenatals and had my IUD removed a week ago. But now that a pregnancy is a reality I am terrified. I haven't had sex with DH since the removal. I think about it and feel like I am having a panic attack. I don't know what I am scared of, I don't know why I feel this way. I was SO excited until I left the dr. office last week and my midwife said, "Hopefully the next time we see you you'll be pregnant."

Baby #1 wasn't planned, maybe I'm anxious about PLANNING a pregnancy. ? :-(

Advise please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• If you're not ready yet, use protection until you are. Something is making you nervous, have you talked to your DH about how you feel?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I wish all parents would put that much thought & planning into their family planning. That's fantastic! You sound like a terrific couple & terrifc parents. You owe it to the rest of the world to pass on your good genes to more offspring! It's perfectly normal to be scared. Just try to relax, put it in God's hands & enjoy the trying part!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Take everything one at a time. I think now would be the best time for you to have another one. Our DD was potty trained and three years old by the time our second was born and I think a three year age gap is a good gap. Just pray about it (if you pray) and don't work yourself up over this. Unless you have plans to do something else, I would just let nature take its course and whatever happens happens. Worry about it when it comes.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:52 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Well said mrsmom110!!!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 5:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Maybe you should just stop thinking about it and let it happen if it happens. Try not to focus on conceiving. Or, if you really feel that way, maybe you aren't quite ready emotionally. Being financially ready is a big difference!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2010