Do you think my son can come with me to the dentist while I get a cleaning?

He is 4.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Only if your teeth are perfect. My son is 6 and had a hard time sitting that long until this year.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 4:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My daughter always has gone with me to the dentist while I get my teeth cleaned. The receptionist always lets her sit at the desk with her and she draws ro colors in the coloring book. But then she has always been a very good child.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I took my kids from infancy. Once they got old enough to get bored I always brought a bag with some toys and books. The dentist always had video players so visiting kids could watch a video while mom got her teeth cleaned. Then the dentist would count their teeth while was in with me.

I think it's important for kids to see that mom takes good care of herself as well as them.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I take all 3 of mine. 9 , 4 , 2 . our hygienists has toys In there little area, I have been taking mine since they were born.

kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 5:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Our dentist has a play area and videos and what not in the room while the hygienist is cleaning and they actually encourage you to bring them before the age of 3 years so they can get used to the dentist and be better about their visit at 3 years old.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Depends on your son. If he's the kind that can sit still quietly and keep himself amused, yes. If he can't sit for more than a few minutes, find someone to watch him. If you're like me, and you TRY to take them, you'll end up a nervous wreck and everyone in the office will hate you.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My dd went with me, but she was only a month old and slept through the whole thing...you might check with your dentist office and if they are cool with it then try scheduling during naptime if he can sleep away from the home.
    Limarey

Answer by Limarey at 10:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I could with my kids at that age...they either sat on my lap or they sat with coloring books and such in the corner waiting for me
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 29, 2010