healthy debate or judgement?

Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of 'debate' going back and forth today? I realize most of it was earlier and some of the posts have even been deleted, but it seems to me that what should be healthy debate has turned into attacks on peoples personal beliefs, which is no ones business but their own.

prettypaper

Asked by prettypaper at 4:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in About CafeMom

• The only reason I would ever have a problem with somebody's personal beliefs is if they would impact another person's rights (for example, in the case of gay marriage). Other than that, what you believe is your business, I may not agree with it, I may think you're nuts, but ehhh...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Everyone has a right to their own beliefs and I don't feel it's my place to judge them for that. I think when this issue is a hot topic is sparks a lot of emotion which can lead to personal attacks.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010