Using a Shark Mop?

I just bought the Shark, it works better than I expected! I was wondering how I could get that "just cleaned" smell using it? The directions say not to put anything other than water in the reservoir - could I put essential oil or something on the pad itself?

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 4:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i have had mine for 2 1/2 years! sorry to the poster that lost hers after only two months :(
    just remember that that just cleaned smell is often chemicals that are bad for you. feel good knowing you just cleaned and you are safe too!
    you could put some apple peels and cinnamon on to simmer.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No, use only water. Mine lasted for 2 months until it died, I hope you have better luck.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 4:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I think my shark steamer is the BOMB! I sometimes spray a LITTLE natural cleaner on the floor and use the mop to clean it up. Just don't add anything to the reservoir. I've had mine for around 6 months now and it seems to be fine. I have totally abused my pads, yet they are still fairly white. I wash them with my cloth diapers to get the max clean from them. I wrote a post a while back about it on my blog if you're interested...
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 5:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No don't put anything in it or on the pad. It does give a work out though doesn't it?
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I've had mine for about a year now and love it, I just wish it heated and steamed faster. I would not put anything in it, I watched a demostration and they said not to put anything in with the water.
    Sunflower722

Answer by Sunflower722 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 26, 2010