would u drive an extra mile to save money?

we have a grocery store that has a point system. (1 pt for every dollar spent w/ member card). once u get 100 pts, u get 10 cents off every gallong of gas at ur next visit. (my van holds about 18 gals) and the price of gas is the same as other stations before the 10 cent discount. would u use it even tho its a little bit further than the other gas station/grocery store?

Phippsandrea

Asked by Phippsandrea at 5:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Shopping

• Yes, I will drive out of state (about 30 miles) to save on groceries. Here all we have is a Walmart and one grocery store. Walmart's prices used to be ok, but they keep going up and the other store is crazy expensive and very little selection.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• depends on what else is on sale
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 5:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• You're going to waste more gas driving that extra mile. Even with the discount you're still wasting gas to get there and back.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Not for groceries. I know my local one very well and they give lots of discounts. It wouldn't be worth the small amount to drive thru more traffic and have to search for stuff.

For bigger ticket items like electronics or furniture, yes.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• the thing is the items are pretty much the same price as the other grocery store. and traffic isnt that bad
    Phippsandrea

Comment by Phippsandrea (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2010