I feel horrible...

So I made my decision(I am staying and helping take care of my mom and family and not moving to San Diego with my LO's father). I mean I knew this was going to be hard on him because we were both so looking forward to me moving up there with him, but I cant leave my family since my mom is starting Chemo soon. But now I feel so bad. I know he is hurting but so am I. I just dont know what to think or feel right now.
PLEASE NO BASHING, I REALLY DONT THINK I COULD TAKE IT RIGHT NOW....

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 5:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Give it some time and you will feel better about your decision. You and he can come up with some creative ideas to make it work out. I hope he is close enough to visit every so often. God bless.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• srry to hear that u had to make a tough choice. i hope LO's father is not judging u for ur decision. i think staying for ur mom is very sweet of u. my prayers go out to u and ur family.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 5:09 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Hang in there! It'll all work out and it's great that you'll be able to support your mom during this time!
    Limarey

Answer by Limarey at 5:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Sorry to hear about the stress in you life!
    I totally recommend getting some webcams and using Skype. My children talk to their grandparents (and see them over video) every night before bed. My mom reads them a book and they turn the pages together, even though we are 1000 miles apart. I'm sure that can help you stay closer. Have faith, you can do it and will come out stronger in the end.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 5:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• How far away will you be living? I lived 2000 miles apart from my husband for a while. We made it work and you can too :) If you're close enough for visits that would be ideal.

Is him moving closer to you an option?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• That's a tough position to be in! I don't know all the circumstances to your dilema but....can he stay & move later? How far is SD from your mothers? Are weekend visits possible?
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:09 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I really think it's more important for you to be with your family during this. There will be another time to move closer to your child's father, but right now your mom needs you. I think. All the best to you and everyone!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• He lives 3 hours away so it isnt far so yes visits could happen but that would also be very difficult because my family doesnt like him at all!! And no he cant move back here he has already gotten a new job up there and everything else.
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It's great that you chose to stay and help your mom through this time. Hopefully, your LO's father understands and is supportive of you. I am sure it's not easy having a long distance relationship but I am sure that if you are both committed you will work it out. Some suggestions are to get a web cam so you can see him when you are talking and set up a schedule as to when you can go there to see him and when he could come and see you. That way you will have something to look forward to.

You are doing a great thing staying with your mom and I hope things go well for her in her treatment!
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It is good that you realize that your mom needs you. Three hours is not that far. If it is meant to be it will last. Think about the military people that are around world sometimes for over a year. This is a small inconvenience that you can handle if it is true love. Phone calls are free so you can keep in touch. Some people commute two hours each way on a daily basis. If your relationship cannot withstand this seperation it was not meant to be.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2010