my baby has a weird-looking shaped head :-(

i adore my son, please dont get me wrong. and like a mother i was only concerned about him as everyone points that out wherever i take him.i actually start feeling bad, its too obvious.
he's 2 months old and he has a long oval head (like a football) .. and its a little too long. whenever he's lying down, he turns his head sideways because i guess its harder for him to sleep his face up towards ceiling. i put support on either side of his head so it stays that way. btw this has been like this since he was born. i make sure he sleeps with his face towards ceiling so it can mold in from the back of his head making a nice round shape. but so far in 2.5 months i have seen zero change. anything else i can do ? please no nasty remarks .. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is he getting belly time??? has ur doc said nething to u about it?? my son has a similar issue. only its more about his neck muscles bc he had his head turned weird in utero. so i have to make sure he has plenty of belly time and doesnt lay on one side too much to prevent a flat spot. good luck.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 5:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• my dd is the same way...lol i said something about it to my mom and she said good u have noticed it i didn't want to say anything..lol but as she is getting bigger it is looking more the right size to her body but it is still long she is 3 months btw
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 5:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I know its awful, but since he is noncompliant with sleeping certain ways, and the shape really bothers you, they do (by medical prescription only) sell "helmets" that can shape a childs head.
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 6:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Just keep up with what you are doing. Make sure he kinda stays off the sides of his head for a while. Have you mentioned it to the doc. Sometimes peoples kiddos are prescribed helmets to reform the heads. My sons head is a little longer than it is wide, but thats how his dads head is, and its only obvious to me..lol..If you are worried, please call the doc and set your mind at ease. Atleast, if something needs to be done you can get it done now. And if nothings wrong it sets your mind at ease.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2010