Ear piercing and hair washing?

I got my daughter's pierced last Wednesday at her pediatricians office but on the paper it said not to get her ears wet for 3 weeks. I can't go weeks without washing her hair, it's only been a week and it's dirty. How in the world can I wash her hair and not get her ears wet? It's hard enough giving her a bath and they get wet then too. She's almost 7 months old and loves splashing.

hybridgirl07

Asked by hybridgirl07 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• thats odd...you can bathe her and she'll be fine. We had Hannah's done at 2 months, and she had a bath and hair washed that evening.
    crzybtful4_u

Answer by crzybtful4_u at 3:55 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• SILLY! Did you wet your ears when you had them done? Okay then, let her play. Just clean when done.

You can put rubbing alcholie on her ears before you put her in, so it evaporates the water.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 10:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I have never heard of that, no water, why not its a shower its clean not like pool with chemicals, thats nonsense, just hit the ears with alcohol when done and she will be fine. remember to twirll them, the water may help with the crusties that hurt sometime.
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i got my daughters ears pierced the day she turned 2 months old. We went to the mall. They gave us ear piercing solution, and told us to turn her earrings 3x a day and don't take the earrings out for 6-8 weeks. the piercing didn't bother her in the least! She was able to bathe as normal. I just had to put the solution on after her bath. I also couldn't put any baby lotion on her ears or near her ears.She is 10 months old now and Her pierced ears have never bothered her.
    JessicaRangel

Answer by JessicaRangel at 11:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i just had my 3 month olds ears pierced and i've been bathing her regularly and her ears are doing great! don't worry about it.
    honeybee87

Answer by honeybee87 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• wow, ive never heard that..lol..thats crazy!! my daughters were done at 3 months and i got water on them,,i dont see why you couldnt..i mnean rubbing her head around in dirt..lol..ya i can sunderstand that..but water????????????? ridiculous!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 30, 2008