Daisies...

Does anyone know where I can find used daisy/girl scout stuff for my daughter? She is in kindergarden and is just starting daisies and we really don't have the money to buy the stuff we need. We are lucky that her fees are done over the whole year so that makes it easier but the vest and book and things like that I really don't have the money for.

mwallace1023

Asked by mwallace1023 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We didn't have to buy a book. I don't think you can buy a used vest because it would already have the patches on it. The girls earn a new patch every week. After 2 years in her vest, my daughter's vest is a rag. It's all stained and the strap is ripped.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Post on Freecycle.org for your area. There might be someone whose daughter didn't stick it out and her smock won't be too beat up. My daughter stayed in for the full 2 years and her smock is completely filled with badges, the iron on variety. Removing all those badges would be a mess, plus most girls would want to hang onto their smocks and badges anyways, they worked hard to earn the badges. But post on freecycle and see what you can get.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Look into seeing if your group has a scholarship for the uniform. I know my boys' boy scout troop does and they use the popcorn money for uniforms and patches.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Maybe check Ebay, Craigslist, or Freecycle! Or even a group on here!
    dragonflylovr19

Answer by dragonflylovr19 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You can try freecycle or ebay.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2010