What is one of yours worst hotel experince?

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 5:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Travel

• I stayed in a rathole near the beach once. The door locks were broken, so we had to prop a chair under the door and there was a short in the wiring, so you had to turn on the bedside light to turn on the TV, and if you stomped your foot, BOTH turned off. The carpet was worn through to the padding, the couch had mystery stains and I shudder to think what a blacklight would have shown on the bedspread. The bathroom faucet never turned off all the way and the AC/heat sounded like it would rattle itself out of the wall.

It was so disgusting that I called the Fire Department the next day to report the fire hazard!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:42 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Honestly, this wasn't really the hotel's fault... Because the place was pretty swanky. However, while staying in Acapulco, we ran into a couple of issues. A) I found a giant cockroach the size of a small rat (no kidding) in the bathroom. I slammed the door shut and refused to open it again the rest of the time we were there (good thing the suite came with 2 bathrooms, heh.) B) You couldn't go out on the balcony at night, because there would be bats flying around, and I was petrified of bats getting stuck in my hair and such.... C) Apparently the rocky area at the foot of the hotel was a popular local hook up spot, so every time we were so inclined, we coud have had a free show...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:42 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Years ago when we were living in Wisconsin,we vacationed in Maine. We stayed in a hotel in Kennebunkport Maine. I'd researched the hotel and it sounded great. When we got there, we discovered that none of the rooms had phones! In addition to that, the front desk was unoccupied after 10 PM. They just went home! We have 5 kids and no one could reach us. Needless to say, we only stayed one night and it wasn't too relaxing!
    BoomerGparent

Answer by BoomerGparent at 5:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• The Country Inn and Suites in Decatur, IL! The lady behind the desk treated us like crap. In the morning when we went to leave I handed her the key and she wouldn't even look at us. So, I stood there and said, THANK YOU while staring at her. She looked back and said, You're Welcome. I was like WHAT??!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• when we were moving across country from Utah to Ohio we decided to stop in wyoming to sleep, unfortunately we did not know that there was a huge rodeo going on that weekend and all of the hotels within 100 miles were completely booked...we ended up at one of those pay by the week or the hour type motels....we could hear people fighting and arguing outside the entire time,it had double doors that both locked several times, disgusting carpet and furniture...luckily it was summertime so we didnt have to get under the blankets and slept on clothes that we had with us...my husband and I probably only had an hour of sleep each and were up and ready to go out the door at the crack of dawn...lol
    we also stayed in a fairfield inn a few months ago that had "mystery stains" on the desk chair and carpet and smelled like a bar full of people had been inside the room smoking and the linens were not clean ( I of course had them bring fresh)
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2010