Are you amazed by what they can do?

Recently, I've been letting my 3 year old have a little bit of computer time, playing educational games (about 15-20 minutes a day), like on Sesame Street, Nick Jr or whatever. One of his favorites is a game that helps with hand-eye coordination and motor skills. He has to fit random pieces into silhouettes. He just played it for the first time a couple of days ago and aside from a few misses, he dragged each piece to the correct spot each time (the silhouettes are like a blank puzzle or a pattern and each piece fits together to make the picture).

I know, for some that's probably not a big deal, but I'm just in awe everytime I see him do something that I've never seen him do before. Of course I knew he could match shapes with shapes, but this for me is new.

Oh and anytime he does or says something new I'm amazed. I guess it's just the thrill of seeing something new in his eyes.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my daughter just turned 4 and knows how to open the browser on the computer and get to her websites. She can use the mouse or the touchpad on the laptop. i have recently taught her how to use the xbox remote b/c she watches stuff on netflix. nd she knows how to scroll through the movies on netflix and play them.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Watching them grow and learn is one of the most amazing things in life. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 5:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My son will be 3 soon and he can't get the mouse down at all.. .ugh... he just wants to type really fast which shuts down the computer
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I have a few apps on my I phone that my three year old goes like crazy with. It keeps her busy when I am busy with someone.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Thanks for the reminder; I haven't started computer time with my twins yet, and they are 3.

My older daughter was using the computer with my mom at 2 1/2. I went back to college at that time and didn't have much computer experience.  Seriously, the first day of my college computer class I had to ask another student how to turn it on!   I can vividly remember being very frustrated at the computer one day and having my 2 1/2 year old come by and say, "Mommy, you have to double click!"  It was really irritating that she was right.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I always found it amazing and so much fun to see them grasp new things. Enjoy!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• So true Kword! :)
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• maxsmom11807: Mine has a little bit of trouble with the mouse too. He has a habit of hitting the right-click button instead of left-click, so I have to help him with that a lot. I think his hands are just too small for the mouse and he has trouble with positioning them.

I almost wonder if he's ready for a DS (DH has one, but he doesn't play with it much), but then I don't think I want him to get addictioned to hand-held video games just yet, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010