My fiance is supossed to romance me tonight but we will see

He has never really been the romancing type and sometimes it gets to me so I told him today that I wanted him to think of something romantic for us tonight before midnight. Was that wrong of me to give him a time limit and to even ask him to do it because if he don't want to isn't that just like me demanding or begging to get some affection out of him.

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• i would have given him more time so he could do it when u least expect it. and be a lil more specific about what u want since its not his area of expertise. but good luck. i told my dh the same thing one time and i was shocked at how well he handled it. but i have also come to realize it is not a daily or even weekly experience.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 5:42 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• The problem is what he thinks is romancing may be miles from what you think romancing is.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:42 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It sounds like you are already expecting him to fail. In that case, he will never live up to your standards.

You say that he's never really been that way...why would you expect him to be anything other than what he is? You got what you chose.

With that in mind, his idea of romance may be a whole other thought than what you think.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I agree with Jademom07. Why are you setting him up for failure if you know he's not really that "type" of guy. Why not just accept him the way he is, and let him show you he loves you in his own ways instead of placing demands on him like this. You may think a night out on the town is romantic, but he may feel like detailing your car is equally romantic. He may see it as doing something extra special for you (after all who doesn't like to drive around in a freshly detailed car) while you might see it as the most un-romantic thing ever. Either learn to accept him or be on your way. Its not fair to either of you if you are expecting him to be someone he's not.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• no,it's not wrong for u women are different from men,sometimes they need that type of affection as for men romance or no rmance they're like fully charged battery.
    girlbaby

Answer by girlbaby at 6:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I agree with Jademom, but still feel you should give him a chance. A little more time for him to come up with something would have been nice for him. Even though they don't always do romantic things (some guys just aren't wired that way) doesn't mean he doesn't love you or wouldn't do anything in the world to make you happy. Give him a chance to surprise you and be thrilled at what he comes up with. It might just be his very best.
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 7:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Enjoy it if you are both having fun with it. (Maybe you could have given him a little more time.) If this is not being done in fun then be careful that it doesn't backfire. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• What's done is done in terms of the fact that you asked, so my advice to you is to appreciate the heck out of whatever he comes up with, no matter how stupid it turns out to be. If he comes up with nothing, that would be the time to have a nice, calm conversation about what YOU think "romantic" means. Good luck.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:06 AM on Oct. 26, 2010