anyone had shingles in the eye and on top of head?

i have shingles in the worse place , in my right eye and it is so painful not to mention so dang itchy, has anyone had it in their head (scalp) if so what did you use for itch?

sweetpea147

Asked by sweetpea147 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Health

• you need to go to the doctors if you have shingles! my sister had shingles in her eye and the doctor said it could blind you.
    Anonymous

• I didn't use anything for the itch, but i did cover it in bandages so i couldn't scratch it as well, but they gave me medication to help me get over it quicker because the medicine i was on, i had to take 5 or 7 times for 10 or 14 days, but they said otherwise i could have it for 6 weeks or longer. It was some smell pill but it worked.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 11:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• They will put you on Valtrex and yes you might get dirty looks when you pick up your meds at the store. It happens to be the most popular med for herpes. lol I had a type of shingles in my mouth and I still think it's worse than childbirth and kidney stones combined! You need to get it checked out immediately!
    Anonymous

• I had shingles about two years ago, on my back though. I just want to let you know you're in my prayers. I also was told it could be dangerous in the eye.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:10 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My ex's grandpa had it on his face (by his eyes ) and even in his throat so it was very serious. He has to be hospitalized because it affected his breathing also they said it could damage his eyes. So I would surely see a doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• it's really dangerous to have shingles at all, but especially in the eye, please go get treated, they have several different medications, my poor grammy just went through this. feel better soon.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 3:08 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• it really is something your doctor should help you with, don't mess around with your eyes! you've got lots of extra skin, and medicine can clear it up with time, but you only get one set of eyes and you can't grow more if you scratch them up! your doctor will have the latest greatest medication for you and the best advice. g/l!
    MamaBear1001

Answer by MamaBear1001 at 8:39 AM on Oct. 30, 2008