If someone offers to throw me a baby shower should I turn it down since I've already had 2...

or do I just let them throw me another party anyway? I don't want to seem greedy

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 5:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If this is another shower where you will invite basically the same people who attended your other showers, then I wouldn't do it. If it's a shower with a different group of people, then it would be ok. For example, I'm thinking if you had a family shower, then a separate shower with work friends would not seem greedy.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Ehh, you could possibly explain to them that you've already had 2 and if they still insist that you have the one they want to throw, then go for it. The more the better!! :)
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Let her know that you have already had 2. If she insists then let her. Maybe suggest instead of gifts (if you already have everything you need) to donate to charity instead. Or have the shower after you have the baby. Every baby deserves some type of celebration, even if it isn't a traditional shower.
    PS - congrats!!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 6:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would say if the same exact people are going to come than don't have a third, but if different people are coming than go ahead with a third shower.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 6:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Where are you going to put all this stuff? Are different people coming? I don't think you should ask the same people to buy you more gifts.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• if diff ppl say yeah if no id say it should b more of a baby warming party after baby gets here
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 6:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If they want to throw me one, why would I turn them down? I think I should be able to celebrate the upcoming baby as many times as I want to. That doesn't mean there has to be gifts either, a baby shower can be just a simple party. It doesn't have to be about gifts.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• yeah its all different groups of people- the first was family and people I grew up with back home, the 2nd was the people from my husband's work, the 3rd would be a group from church :)
    thanks for the advice!
    elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Oct. 26, 2010