Have you ever known anyone with breast cancer and went to Chemo?? Did they survive??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 5:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Health

• Yes, my mother in law and my aunt both had breast cancer....my aunt was diagnosed a few years ago, went through a mastectomy and chemo/radiation treatments and was in remission for 2 years before her cancer came back and quickly spread...she was undergoing chemo again but it did not work this time, she passed away on Oct 12th, just a couple of weeks ago. My mother in laws was caught early and after chemo she has been in remission for nearly 2 years now. There are many forms of cancer and depending on the form and how early it is caught they can determine the right amount of treatment and a prognosis. It is different from case to case.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes, my aunt. She has gone thru the chemo and is still alive.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes, 2 of my aunts
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My cousin went through chemo and has been cancer free for a couple of years. Another woman I know is currently going through it and she was just given one year to live. My aunt died from breast cancer but she went through chemo and died much later.
    LeeLeeCandleGrl

Answer by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 6:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes, she also had her breast removed. Alive and Healthy now.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 6:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I've had several friends that have battled and beat breast cancer over the years and all had chemo as part of their treatment.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My friend's mom just passed away in July after started her first round of chemo. Her breast cancer was somewhat controlled and within 1 day she was complaining of not feeling well, and then passed away that night from a perforated colon....a side effect of the type of chemo she was on. I have never known anyone else that had to use chemo though.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes, my great Aunt has had breast cancer 2x's, both times she went threw chemo and survived. She is now in remission.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 6:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes, my grandma. She was in her 70's and had to have part of her breast removed and had to go through chemo and other things (not quite sure what) and she is 83 today, very healthy. For her 80th birthday she went on an 8 mile walk.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 6:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes, my SIL and aunt. Both survived and are doing great!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2010