I am a convicted felon...can I vote in the state of Illinois???

They let me register to vote but some people are telling me that they wont actually let me vote.
Is anyone here a convicted felon who has voted in Illinois???

And FYI....they let me vote in that sub-primary election...where you had to vote for who you wanted in the democrat and republican party....so if they let me do that....why wouldn't they let me vote in the primarys?????????

Maybe it just matters what kind of felony you have? Mine isn't violent..it just resulted from a drug problem I had back in high school.

So, again, my question is...
Can I vote in IL with a felony?

PS) People who wanna write mean comments...dont even bother. You dont help and you just sound immature. I'm tired of asking SERIOUS questions and getting rude people answer who make me feel worse ....

thanks all!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, you can vote. Here's a link: http://www.aclu.org/votingrights/exoffenders/statelegispolicy2007.html
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 11:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Um, I was under the impression if you have been convicted of anything you wouldn't be able to vote, but that might just be Ga. What state do you live in? I would check. B/c, even if they let you vote, when they check to see if the votes are accurate, they will remove them.
    That's why Florida got overhauled last year. They checked every single vote for proof.
    McCainPalin

Answer by McCainPalin at 11:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• thanks so mucH!!
    Anonymous

• Yes, yes, yes...you can vote in Illinois, I promise. Here's another link: http://felonvoting.procon.org/viewresource.asp?resourceID=286
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 11:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2008