What would our hubby/SO do without us?

Been up since 2 this morning because my dh (and no i dont mean darling or dear) decide to take our two year old to my sister's when i told him my niece had a stomach bug. so little man is sick and puking everywhere. was up all morning with him not including running to walmart a three in the morning for soup and meds. go to work all day come home and child still sick wash all bed clothings that was puked on and fix dinner. I just want to scream right now. hubby always do the opposite of what i suggest and i always the one cleaning up the mess

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 6:09 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• i would have made him get up and deal with it. i always warn my dh when he's about to do something i think is stupid and i say "if u do this, I will not deal with the consequences of YOUR actions, so be prepared to take care of the kids." that always makes him think twice. and i kept my end held up and he had to deal with a screaming 2 yr old (not sick but another story in itself). lets just say he listens more.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 6:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Believe it or not...my dh can clean, cook, etc without me. His parents taught him to be self-reliant. Love it. My dh would not have made the decision yours did. Our son goes nowhere where people are sick. My son has only been sick 3x in 4.5 years.

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• aww,how sad sounds like your baby must be teething,try orajel for the baby that should make him feel better and let him take lots of liqid also try pedialyte.
    girlbaby

Answer by girlbaby at 6:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• thats wrong that he did that i would be cussing so/dh out? he does know that when our kids get chicken poxs ill be gone for the whole time and him and his mom will be taking care of them. ive had chicken pox 5 times(yes its possible to get it again)
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 6:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yeah, sometimes guy's can be jerks like that. My ex NEVER got up with our kids, ever, for any reason. New hubby is much better though, he raised all three of his full time on his own (he got full custody in their divorce) from the time they were 3, 5 and 8. That was 10 years ago and they are all straight A students (oldest is a Freshman in college and holding an A average) and anytime they are sick or need something, he never hesitates to be right there in the thick of it.
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 7:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2010